Workshop Inductions

As a student of level 3, we had a workshop induction.

1. First workshop which we visited was a Digital space. There was just some introduction how we can use orb site, how we can use digital workspace, which computers use for editing photos, which for editing video and et.c
  2. Photo Workshop / Photo Lab studio. Was introduction  – which studio we can use, how to book them. We were invited to Dark room, introduced to 3D table.
  3. ScreenPrinting Part A and B. So we are introduced to this workshop and how to make our own designed print by using screen and paint and how to transparent color on the paper. So you can create you own posters. I find it really difficult job. I think you should spend at least 5 hours at workshop to make your screen first and after to print not the paper. But it is amazing technique to print and I love to work with paints.
ScreenPrinting process
ScreenPrinting process
ScreenPrinting process
ScreenPrinting process

4.  Printmaking (Lino/relief). It quite the same like a ScreenPrinting except you don’t use a screen, you use a Lino or relief. To be hones, I was quiet confused, when you should choose to use Screen Printing and which situation should be to use Print Making workshop.

Print Making process
Print Making process

5. 3D Workshop

In this workshop you can work with different tools, from woodworking to 3D printer, to create your own 3D model. You can find there 3D printers, Laser cut, lots of hand tools, drills.

I find it really interesting, even student laser cut their own letters from wood and created 3D models for their projects.

3D workshop
3D workshop

6. Letter Press.

At this workshop we were introduced how to use a printing press. Movable letters of different types, press, inks it, and transfer the ink from the types to paper by rolling and press.

I find it really interesting and very hard working process, because when you are printing a text, you need to check letter spacing and word spacing. But actually you can create your own type at 3D workshop and letter press it.

I would like to use ScreenPrinting workshop, Digital space (I am not good at Photoshop) and 3D workshop as well.